Friday, January 21, 2011

Gluttony with Kimmi

When we were 9 or 10, Kimmi and I had this huge baking and arts and crafts phase. She would come over my house in the wee hours of the morning as our parents went to work, or I would cry and force my parents to let me sleepover her house. 


Kimmi didn't actually like me at first. Thank god her mom (my ninang/godmother) forced her to be my friend despite my huge glasses and abnormally large body and head size.


After 20 years, we are still best friends and she still questions my abnormally large head and body size. 

We are also just about as mature as we once used to be. 




Well anyway, Kimmi and I decided to have a baking/eating/watching tv day. We're both still at home because we start school a little later than most and don't really have a desire to be on campus. 

I had to do a little bit of back to school shopping so we bought a bunch of stuff no one really needs from Target (this is including some of the stuff I bought from Target on Sunday).


Then we picked up food from Chilis: Cajun Chicken Pasta and Texas Cheese Fries. Did you know that Texas Cheese Fries are 2000 calories? TWO THOUSAND. Well we sure did, and we got them anyway. 

You just can't put a calorie limit on bliss!

... and this is why my drawstring pajama pants from August don't fit =/


After we ate and watched a couple hours of NCIS, we decided to start making this pumpkin creme pie. We got this recipe from The Pioneer Woman which you can find here. That lady is just so freaking awesome.

Kimmi, releasing her pent up frustrations on these poor graham crackers (and loving it.)






Finished product, mmmmm.


Nom nom nom.


We were pleasantly surprised with the result. The graham cracker crust is really sweet because of the powdered sugar but is balanced out well by the creme filling with all the great spices. It was decadent, but still felt very light. Though it's not making us any lighter.

Then we ended the day by eating our pie while watching American Idol and Jersey Shore. Gluttony and mindless TV, cheers! Sidenote: J.Lo looks GREAT. 

No comments:

Post a Comment