Thursday, January 6, 2011

Ode to a Jetta.

You know how in Mario Kart there are those freaking crates that always get in your way when you're all in the zone ready to drift?


Yeah those bastards.

Well I hit one, but in real life, with an actual car, and it looked more like this. 


MY question is, who leaves a crate in the middle of the street? Okay it was actually on the side of the street and I was doing a very haphazard K-turn, but I blame my mother because she made me go to New Rochelle to pick up about 300 of these freaking mason jars and vases that my sister used in her wedding and the place was closing, I was lost, etc. etc. etc. 

I clearly don't work well under pressure.

So here we are, 7 months later, my lease is up and I have to return my car. We tell my sales manager about the little dent I have in my car and he says "oh it'll probably be no problem." then he sees it and says "this is going to be a problem."


So, $700, 2 autobody shops, a dozen trips from the Bronx to Westchester to Rockland and back again, and endless jokes from everyone at VW about me hitting boxes later, I'm ready to return my car. 

And I am sad.

I deserved this car! My dad promised me a car if I became Valedictorian, and unfortunately for him, I actually did it. YEAH. that's what you get for not letting me watch TV on the weekdays. 

Fare thee well 2008 Jetta. You were awesome. 



But on the bright side, HELLO 2011 JETTA!


And you know how I feel about naming things...

I SHALL CALL YOU DUMBLEDORE AND YOU SHALL BE MINE AND YOU SHALL BE MY DUMBLEDORE. 

1 comment:

  1. drool (over you not the car) also you look like your sister cooking ze eggs.

    ReplyDelete