Monday, January 3, 2011

Sledding!

I'm not a big fan of outdoor activities, which isn't to say I don't like being active! I was the captain of my varsity volleyball team, a flyer for my basketball cheerleading team and an inconvenience to my bowling team - but all of these activities are clearly very "indoors."

So when John asked me to go sledding, I suggested hot chocolate and movies instead, but then he was all "but even Gabriel (his 4 year old brother) is coming" and I was all "uhhhhhhhh i guess...?"

So this is me, still inside - my safe haven, my comfort zone. YouTube is up, a storm trooper is chillin' in the background. It's all good.


This is me out in the wild.


Yeah. Clearly out of my comfort zone. 

The day ended up being tons o' fun. I never managed to go down the hill on my own - funny because I've gone snowboarding before but the thought of sledding kind of terrified me. I think it's because on a snowboard I'm strapped in and there are a lot of paramedics close by (I'm just assuming that). But when you go sledding, there are only tons of little kids around you eagerly waiting for you to fall so that they can laugh at you and ruin your self-esteem in hopes that by doing so, you never come into their sledding territory again!

Or at least that's what ran through my mind when 7 year olds were sledding backwards, upside down and on their heads as I clung to John for dear life. I already know John is going to take this opportunity to make fun of me for being "clingy." I'm just waiting for the text. 





Gabe went down the hill more times than I did and frolicked in the snow. He is clearly an "outdoors" kind of guy.


So is John.


I'm pretty sure if I didn't start yelling at him he would've just hung out there.



Most of the photo credits on this post goes to John's sister, Mikaela, who has a sweet camera and is also an outdoors person.



No comments:

Post a Comment