Friday, December 3, 2010

Budapest

My friend David Olmos and I went to Budapest, Hungary for a weekend and it was an aweesommee city. The first thing we did, after arriving at our hostel and being greeted with rum chocolate, was try the Hungarian goulash - in a cauldron. I felt like Hermione, or Mrs. Granger conjuring up food. (I'm a HUGE Harry Potter fan.) We then strolled around the city, visiting the Chain Bridge over the Danube River and climbing up Castle Hill. That was a bit of struggle for me (and my cheap Charlotte Russe boots) but we made it and it was worth it to see the Cinderella-esque castle. We made a few attempts to imitate the scene where Cinderella loses her shoe, but they were not very convincing. The next day we did some more exploring and my favorite parts was going to this great indoor market. I almost bought a hat - but then discovered that it was made of real fur and was 200 Euro, more than the cost of the entire trip. 









No comments:

Post a Comment