Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Christmas time always gets a little stressful around my house because my mom seems to wait until I come home from school (which is usually around December 22 - THREE DAYS BEFORE CHRISTMAS) to start preparing for our annual Christmas party, cleaning the house (aka hiding everything), wrapping presents for our friends and family, etc. While I was still in Prague, I told my roommates that I already knew that three things were going to happen when I went home: 1) My room was going to be full of shit that isn't mine and I'm going to have to clean it up 2) I'm going to have to set up the TV that my sister and her husband bought my parents for Christmas 3) I'm going to have to clean and decorate the house.

AND LO AND BEHOLD, I get an email from my mom the night before my flight back to the states which ends likes this:

"oh oh need to clean ur room, full of my clothes! got big flat screen tv  47 inches from ate and dom. ill put it in the living room wall where the pics are since it wont fit in the family room wall unit. hopefully u can fix the new tv. still in the box. k babes. needs help xmas decor too. luv u much!!"

So, of course I became convinced that the only reason she was excited for me to come home was to help her around the house. So, one day as she watches me take groceries inside my house I say "Mommy, I think you're only happy I'm home so that I can help you lift and clean things" to which she responded, "Well, yeah." 


-_____________-

But even though my mom treats me like an elf (I need to get some S.P.E.W (Society for the Protection of Elfish Welfare for you non-harry potter fans) action up in here (this is a lot of parenthesis)) I'm loving being at home and being able to see all my friends and family - especially my nephew Nate who looks a lot more like a tiny man than a 2 year old baby.


My Fambam

My old married sister Leslie and my boyfriend John


My best friends basically since birth - Kim, Sam and Geenie

John got me these pretty pearl earrings and my mom got me this necklace! Weird coincidence

My AWESOME and incredibly entertaining 2 year old nephew Nate. Took these pictures at church today and they do not do his adorableness justice. 


I think he sings this better than J.Bieber

No comments:

Post a Comment